Collection of Your Personal Information
This policy is intended to promote awareness and to provide a framework for self-governance and the acceptable utilization of Jockey Club Ti-I College (JCTIC’s) network resources (network) for the purpose of ensuring the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of the network. JCTIC’s network resources are either owned or operated by the College and include, but are not limited to, computers, hardware, printers, copiers, scanners, Internet and intranet access, e-mail service, software, and data. JCTIC’s network is provided for the educational, instructional, research, and administrative needs of the College’s students, staff, parents and other authorized personnel (users). Access to JCTIC’s network is a privilege—it is paramount that all users exercise prudent, ethical judgment at all times when using JCTIC’s network.
Users are expected to read, understand, and comply with JCTIC’s Acceptable Use Policy (AUP).
JCTIC monitors network utilization and reserves the right, without prior notice to users, to access the college’s network resources and to use any and all information (data) retrieved resultant thereof. Users do not have an expectation of privacy regarding their use of the network. By accessing JCTIC’s network, users expressly consent to such monitoring, access, and use by the college. Information (data) contained on and collected by JCTIC’s network resources and user accounts, including but not limited to e-mail, may be subject to inspection in accordance with HKSAR laws. JCTIC does not attempt to articulate all required or unacceptable behavior by its users. Therefore, the self-governance of each user is relied upon. The following policy will assist users in this endeavor.
- JCTIC’s network resources are to be used for educational, instructional, and administrative purposes only. Other acceptable uses of JCTIC’s network resources may be allowed only upon receiving prior approval from the College’s Administrative Staff.
- JCTIC’s network resources are not to be used for any unauthorized purpose to include, but not limited to, commercial purposes, unauthorized access to internal and/or remote computers, recreational and social networking, etc.
- Users are responsible and will be held accountable for the use and confidentiality of their assigned network credentials (Login IDs and passwords). Obtaining another individual’s network credentials or allowing the use of your network credentials by another individual is strictly prohibited and is a clear and direct violation of this policy.
- Users shall not create, display, transmit, or make accessible threatening, racist, sexist, obscene, offensive, annoying or harassing language, e-mail messages, and/or material, including broadcasting unsolicited / unwanted e-mail messages (SPAM), or impersonating other users. JCTIC’s discrimination and harassment policies extend to communications through the College’s network or otherwise.
- Users are responsible for being aware of the licensing and copyright restrictions for any software used on JCTIC’s network. Violating licensing and copyright restrictions is a clear and direct violation of this policy. Users shall not download, reproduce and/or distribute copyrighted or licensed materials without proper authorization from the author or creator. Additionally, users shall not publish information, messages, graphics, or photographs on any web page without the express permission of the author or creator.
- Users shall not engage in activities to damage or disrupt the hardware, software, or any communication systems associated with JCTIC’s network. Such activities include, but are not limited to, the creation and propagation of viruses, adware, spyware, and other forms of malware, wasting system resources, overloading networks with excessive data, or any attempt to circumvent data protection schemes or exploit security loopholes.
- Users shall not waste, monopolize, interfere or misuse JCTIC’s network resources by, for example, requesting an excessive number of copies from a printer, playing games, engaging in peer to peer file sharing, downloading movies for entertainment, downloading music or apps for entertainment, or participating in chain letters, or spamming.
- Users shall not access or damage any portion of JCTIC’s network resources or other college property, such as college records, or use the College’s network resources for illegal activities.
- Users, upon learning of the misuse of JCTIC’s network resources or violations of this AUP, should notify any member of the College or other College official immediately.
Failure to follow this Acceptable Use Policy (AUP) and any misuse of JCTIC’s network resources may result in the suspension or revocation of access accounts, suspension from class, as well as other disciplinary action including, but not limited to, conduct probation, suspension, or dismissal from the College. All College policies and procedures are applicable to users of JCTIC’s network resources. Any conduct, which violates any HKSAR laws, will result in immediate loss of all access to the College’s network resources and will be referred to appropriate College officials and/or law enforcement authorities.
Jockey Club Ti-I College(JCTIC) is not liable for actions of anyone connected to the Internet through the College’s network resources. All users will assume full liability: legal, financial or otherwise, for their actions.